Sunday, February 17, 2008

Over the river and through the woods.....

Des had several visitors this weekend and ventured out as well. He is really starting to smile more, is eating up a storm and is definitely growing exponentially. We are estimating that he weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 1/2 pounds. This estimation is based on a highly scientific experiment of let's see how much Dad weighs holding the baby vs. not holding the baby. We'll know for sure on Friday, when he goes for his 2 month check-up. I can't believe he is almost 2 months old already!

Since I was too tired to go anywhere as a result of my son grazing every 2 hours the previous day and night, Nana and Papa Kopp came over Saturday night for a nice visit. This morning, my friend Heather Oleksy stopped by to meet Des for the first time. This visit was particularly entertaining as we tried (unsuccessfully, I'm afraid) to make impressions of Des' hands and feet in plaster. I wish I had asked Jim to video tape it. Needless to say, even while they are sleeping babies like to curl their toes when they feel them being submerged in cold plaster. We might have to default to the old fashioned ink prints on paper.

Today, we went to Grandma McCarthy's for dinner. Des ate non-stop while we were there, including taking most of an 8oz bottle of formula in one sitting. I'm telling you, this kid is well on his way to being a baby budda.

with Grandma McCarthy

Doing yoga moves with Uncle Conn??

No comments: